- Gas Transmission Operator GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. is the Website Operator for the website www.gazsystemlaboratoria.pl.
- The Website obtains information about users and user behaviour as follows:
- Through forms which collect voluntarily entered information.
- Through cookie files (“cookies”) stored in end devices; or
- Through web server logs collected by the hosting operator of GAZ-SYSTEM S.A.
2. Information in forms.
- The Website collects information which is freely given by the user.
- The Website may also record information about the connection parameters (time, IP address).
- Data included in forms is not made available to any third parties, except with the user’s consent.
- The data provided in forms may become part of a prospective customer filing system which is registered by the Website Operator in a register maintained by the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection (GIODO).
- The data provided in forms is processed for the purpose corresponding to the function of a particular form, e.g. to process a maintenance request or make business contact.
- The data provided in forms may be transmitted to those parties who handle the technical aspects of certain services; this specifically applies to information about owners of registered domains which may be transmitted to entities being Internet domain operators (primarily Naukowa i Akademicka Sieć Komputerowa j.b.r – NASK, or the Polish Research and Academic Computer Network), payment processing platforms or other entities who are the Service Operator’s relevant business partners.
- Cookie files (“cookies”) are computer data, specifically text files which are stored on the Website User’s end device and facilitate the use of the Website’s webpages. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they originate, the time of storage on the end device and a unique number.
- It is the Website Operator who places cookies on the Website User’s end device and has access to those files.
- Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- To create statistics that help understand how the Website’s users use webpages, which in turn improves its structure and content;
- To support the Website User’s session (after signing in) so that the User does not have to re-enter his or her login and password on every Website’s subpage; and
- To determine the user profile in order to display tailored content in advertising networks, specifically Google.
- Two general types of cookies are applied, i.e. session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files stored in the User’s end device until signing out, leaving the website or closing the program (web browser). Persistent cookies are stored in the User’s end device for the time set in the cookie parameters or until they are deleted by the User.
- Cookie restrictions may affect certain functionalities available on the Website’s webpages.
- Cookies placed in the Website User’s end device may also be used by advertisers or business partners working with the Website Operator.
- Cookies may be used by advertising networks, in particular by Google, to display advertisements tailored to the User’s behaviour on the Website. For this reason, they may store information of the user navigation path or the duration of stay on a webpage.
- For information about user preferences collected by the Google advertising network, the user may view and edit information derived from cookies by using this tool: https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
4. Server logs.
- Information about certain user behaviours is logged in the server layer. The data is used solely for the purposes of website administration and to ensure that the hosting services run as fast as possible.
- The resources browsed are identified by their URLs. Other information that may be recorded includes:
- Time of request;
- Time of response;
- Client station name – identification by HTTP protocol;
- Errors in HTTP transaction processing;
- Referrer link URL – if a link is used to land on the Website;
- Information about the user’s browser; and
- Information about IP address.
- The above data is not matched to specific individuals who browse through the pages.
- The above data is only used for purposes of server administration.
5. Data sharing.
- Data is shared with third parties only to the extent legally permitted.
- Personally identifiable information is only shared with the consent of the individual concerned.
- The Operator may be under an obligation to provide information collected through the Website to authorities upon lawful requests, to the extent of such a request.
6. Managing cookies: How to give or withdraw acceptance in practise?
- If you do not want to receive cookies, you may change your browser settings. Please note that if you disable those cookies which are required for authentication processes, security or maintenance of user preferences, you may have difficulties or, in extreme cases, be prevented from using the webpages.
- To manage your cookie settings, choose the web browser/system and follow the instructions provided:
- Internet Explorer
- Safari (iOS)
- Windows Phone