The Gas Quality Measurement Laboratory performs both laboratory and field tests.
There is air conditioning system, which allows to ensure and maintain stable working conditions during tests, in the laboratory rooms. Environmental conditions at both laboratory and field workplaces are monitored by thermo-hygro-barometers.
The Gas Quality Measurement Laboratory is committed to calibrate measuring equipment by either accredited calibration laboratories or the Central Office of Measures.
Workplaces of Gas Quality Measurement Laboratory
1. Chromatographic station to analyse the natural gas composition:
- Hewlett Packard gas chromatograph (to analyse the basic range of the natural gas composition, equipped with a thermal conductivity detector), analytical range: C1-C6+, N2, CO2;
- Agilent Technologies gas chromatograph (to analyse the extended range of the natural gas composition, equipped with thermal conductivity detectors), analytical range: C1-C8, N2, CO2.
2. Chromatographic station to analyse sulphur compounds:
- Agilent Technologies Gas chromatograph (equipped with a flame photometric detector, with the following analytical range: hydrogen sulphide, mercaptans, alkyl sulphides, tetrahydrothiophene (THT);
- ODOR on-line gas chromatograph used to perform control measurements of THT content in natural gas (designed for both laboratory and field tests).
3. Station to test the water dew point with transducers:
- Device designed for testing the water dew point with transducers (S4000 Michell Instruments water dew-point hygrometer) in the measuring range from -30 °C to +10 °C.
4. Station to test the water dew point with capacitive transducers.
Field Measuring Equipment
The Gas Quality Laboratory uses the following measuring equipment to perform field tests:
- MARQUIS dew-point hygrometer intended for measuring the water dew point in natural gas in the measuring range from -25 °C to +5 °C;
- Hygrovision mini dew-point hygrometer designed to measure the water dew point and hydrocarbons;
- SVAN 912 AE sound level meter in the measuring range from 43 to 138 dB;
- SVAN 958 sound and vibration level meter with transducers used to measure vibrations with general effects on the human body (measuring range from 0.02 to 150 m/s2) and vibrations acting on the human body via upper extremities (measuring range from 0.2 to 500 m/s2), and to measure noise in the range from 43 to 138 dB;
- HD2102.2 illumination meter with an LP471 PHOT illuminance meter probe with the working range from 20 lx to 10,000 lx;
- Noise dosimeters:
- Thermo-hygro-barometers to control atmospheric conditions;
- Davis Instruments weather station used to control atmospheric conditions during environmental noise tests.