The Gas Quality Measurement Laboratory performs both laboratory and field tests.
There is air conditioning system, which allows to ensure and maintain stable working conditions during tests, in the laboratory rooms. Environmental conditions at both laboratory and field workplaces are monitored by thermo-hygro-barometers.
The Gas Quality Measurement Laboratory is committed to calibrate measuring equipment by either accredited calibration laboratories or the Central Office of Measures.
Workplaces of Gas Quality Measurement Laboratory
1. Chromatographic station to analyse the natural gas composition:
- Two gas chromatographs to analyse the basic range of the natural gas composition, equipped with thermal conductivity detectors (TCDs), analytical range C1-C6+, N2, CO2
- Gas chromatograph to analyse the extended range of the natural gas composition, equipped with a TCD and an FID, analytical range C1-C8, N2, CO2
- Gas chromatograph to analyse the natural gas composition for hydrogen and helium content, equipped with a TCD
2. Chromatographic station to analyse sulphur compounds
- Gas chromatograph equipped with a flame photometric detector (FPD), with the following analytical range: hydrogen sulphide, mercaptans, alkyl sulphides, tetrahydrothiophene (THT)
3. Station to test gas water dew point with capacitive dew point transducers:
- Equipment to test water dew point with capacitive dew point transducers within the measuring range from -30 °C to +10°C.
4. Station to test the water dew point with capacitive transducers.
Field Measuring Equipment
The Gas Quality Measurement Laboratory uses the following measuring equipment to perform field tests:
- Dew point hygrometer designed to measure the water dew point in natural gas within the measuring range from -25 °C to +5 °C
- Dew point hygrometer designed to measure the water dew point in natural gas within the measuring range from -25 °C to +5 °C, and to measure the hydrocarbon dew point
- Sound level meters with the measuring range from 24 to 136 dB
- Sound and vibration level meter with a transducer to measure vibrations with general effects on the human body (measuring range from 0.02 to 150 m/s2) and vibrations acting on the human body via upper extremities (measuring range from 0.2 to 500 m/s2)
- Luxmeters – electric illuminance meters in the operating range from 0.5 to 10,000lx
- Noise dosimeters
- Hytherographs to control atmospheric conditions
- Weather station used to control atmospheric conditions during environmental noise tests.